INNOCENCE

I want my innocence back. I was very innocent before life stole my innocence. I like how i used to cry without being able to say what i want and my mummy will get it for me, she will say 'you want water? You want to eat? Should we go home? You want to go and meet daddy? You want that toy? That shirt? And everytime she asked, i nod a yes to it and she will get it for me. I like how i used to cry like the baby i was and my mummy will pat my back and say baby don't cry, she will ask 'who beat my baby?' she will lift me up, spin me around, throw me up and down, smile and sing me her own rhymes to lure me to sleep.  I like how everybody wanted to carry me in their arms and say she is cute, i love the kisses they placed on my cheeks and lips, it didn't mean anything, i never thought of the person that placed the kiss, it didn't matter if it was a boy or girl, cute or ugly. That was how innocent i was. I like how i used to bath outside, go around naked and my nakedness was not offensive nor did it affect anyone's sensibility. I will bath and dance in the rain, it was not appalling because the seed that attracts sin has not been planted on my chest. Should i dare to bath in the rain and basked in it soothingness now that those seeds are grown, ripe and round? No! I will get stares, i will get insults, i will get gossip from those that don't know how much i miss my innocence.
If those days were these days my mum would never have allowed me bath outside or run around naked for fear of being rape. Don't be surprised, the little girl that plays around my area told me she was raped and she is constantly being molested by men, She is just 10, her chest-land is still baren. Where is

the attraction? I don't know. Old news right?  I know it happens. I am sure that child also wants her innocence or maybe she will when her once pure mind becomes polluted with words and images of a life she has not plan for herself, and then she will see the true colours of life. Think of it, don't you want your innocence?  Those things that you have done and the things you are doing after life stole your innocence, will you do them if you were still innocent? Don't you just want your innocence? Think, just a little 👌.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I KNOW

A GOOD SHOW